Dr. Md. Arifur Rahman
- Associate Consultant, Oncology & Radiotherapy
Dr. Md. Arifur Rahman
Associate Consultant, Oncology & Radiotherapy
- High Precision Radiotherapy Training – 4 weeks @ AIMS, Kochi, India
Complete 4 weeks observer ship training at Amrita Institute of Medical Science (AIMS), Kochi, Kerala, India from April 15, 2019 to May 10, 2019 of High Precision Radiotherapy Treatment at Radiation Oncology Department under Dr. Debnarayan Dutta, MD, HOD- Radiation Oncology Dept, AIMS.
- National Training Program for Radiation Oncology- IAEA hands on training:
A. 'Hands-on Training on Gastrointestinal and Hepato-Billiary Cancer treatment decision, Radiotherapy planning’.
B. 'Hands-on Training on Genito-Uronary and Gynaecological Cancer treatment decision, Radiotherapy planning and Brachytherapy'.
C. 'Hands-on Training on Head & Neck and Lung Cancer treatment decision, Radiotherapy planning'.
- Radiotherapy: Total 4 years
A. From NICRH (National Institute of Cancer Research & Hospital)- as HMO (Honorary Medical Officer): Completed 2 and ½ years.
B. From Square Hospitals Limited, Dept of Square Oncology & Radiotherapy Centre – 6 months Paid Training
C. From KYAMCH (Khwaja Yunus Ali Medical College & Hospital), KYAMCH Cancer Centre- 1 year Paid Training.
- Internal medicine: 6 months
As Honorary Medical Officer (HMO) from Shaheed Shurawardi Medical College and Hospital.
- Cardiology: 6 months
Complete Six-Month Training in Cardiology Dept in BSMMU
- Internship Training:
Completed one year successful Internship Training (July-Aug 2006) after Passing MBBS from Rangpur Medical College & Hospital
- Attend National and International Conference like ESMO- Asia, BASCO, BBCC, DHNCC, BICC.
Research & Publication
- Tracheal Adenocarcinoma Treated with Adjuvant Radiation: A Case Report and Literature Review- Published in KARGER publications in Vol. 6, No. 2, 2013 (May 2013), web- http://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/351736 .
- Sister Mary Jospeh’s nodule as initial presentation of carcinoma caecum-case report and literature review- Published in the Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology in Vol 6, No 6(December 2015), web- http://www.thejgo.org/article/view/4622.
- Platinum –based Therapy with Gemcitabine or Docetaxel in Advanced Non –Small Cell Lung Cancer: A retrospective analysis to evaluate differences in response due to Ethnicity: Qamruzzaman Chowdhury, Salim Reza, Arifur Rahman, Latifa Sultan, Ferdous A. Begum, Fariah Sharmeen, Md. Nurunnabi, A.S.M.F.K Chowdhury, Daud H. Khan- Abstract published for IASLC, World Conference of Lung Cancer- 2013. (INVITED ABSTRACTS, Journal of Thoracic Oncology, Volume 8, Issue 11, S2 - S1348)
- Primary Jejunal Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor: Diagnosis Delay of 3 Years but but Successful Management in Early Stage (II) by Surgery and Adjuvant Therapy, Ferdous Ara Begum a, Md Arifur Rahman, Hashim Rabbi, Golam Mostofa, Qamruzzaman Chowdhury, Gastrointest Tumors 2019;6:36-42. doi: 10.1159/000496973 https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/4969730.
- Randomized Clinical Trial on Three different Platinum based chemotherapy in advanced NSCLC in Bangladeshi population, Ferdous Ara Begum, Nazrina Khatun, Parveen Shahida Akhtar, A S M Fazlul Karim Chowdhury, Md. Arifur Rahman and Qamruzzaman Chowdhury- Abstract published in IASLC, 19th World Conference of Lung Cancer- 2018 (P3.01-116 Begum, F. et al. Journal of Thoracic Oncology, Volume 13, Issue 10, S910 - S911)
- Single centre Epidemiological Prevalence Study of Molecular Mutation in Bangladeshi Patients with Advanced Stage Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer; Qamruzzaman Chowdhury1, Ferdous Ara Begum, Md. Arifur Rahman, Farhia Chowdhury, S.M. Rayan Kabir, Zaheed Husain Ph.D- Abstract published for IASLC, 20th World Conference of Lung Cancer- 2019 (EP1.03-34, Chowdhury, Q. et al. Journal of Thoracic Oncology, Volume 14, Issue 10, S965 - S966)
- Primary Rectal Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Treated with Urgent Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy: A Case Report and Literature Review, Md Arifur Rahman, Qamruzzaman Chowdhury, Ferdous Ara Begum, Muhammad Masudul Hassan Arup, Saequa Habib; Gastrointestinal Tumors 2020;7:93-102. doi: 10.1159/000505648, Published by S. Karger AG, Basel; https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/505648.
- Primary Ovarian Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma with Late Diagnosis Due to Unusual Presentation - A Case Report; Ferdous Ara Begum, Md Arifur Rahman, Mohammed Kamal, Qamruzzaman Chowdhury; DOI:10.12691/ajmcr-8-8-7; Available online at http://pubs.sciepub.com/ajmcr/8/8/7; Published by Science and Education Publishing.
- Multidisciplinary approach for the management of primary tracheal carcinoma - Institutional Experience of 9 Bangladeshi cases, Q. Chowdhury, M. Rahman, F. Begum, M. Nurunnabi, M. Islam, M. Hassan, M. Sarkar, M. Khair, S. Begum, M. Parvez1, A.K.M. Haque (P23.01 Rahman, M. et al. Journal of Thoracic Oncology, Volume 16, Issue 3, S375 - S376).
- Benefits of Radiotherapy with Indigenous Tools Aiding Deep Inspiration Breath Holding Technique Compared to Free Breathing Technique among Breast Cancer Patients in Bangladesh. Md. Arifur Rahman1*, Rajesh Balakrishnan2, Md. Salim Reza3, Qamruzzaman Chowdhury1,4, Advances in Breast Cancer Research> Vol.10 No.3, July 2021, DOI: 10.4236/abcr.2021.103006, https://www.scirp.org/journal/paperinformation.aspx?paperid=110376
- Oncology & Radiotherapy
- Current Position: Associate Consultant, Oncology & Radiotherapy, Organization: Bangladesh Specialized Hospitals Limited.
Working as Assoc. Consultant in the dept. of Oncology at Bangladesh Specialized Hospitals Limited since August 2019.
- Practicing Consultant, Radiotherapy, Since April 2020. Organization: Delta Medical College and Hospitals
- Position: Specialist/ Registrar, Oncology, Organization: Bangladesh Specialized Hospitals Limited
Working as Registrar in the dept. of Oncology at Bangladesh Specialized Hospitals Limited from April 2016- July 2019.
- Position: Clinical Staff (CS), Organization: Square Hospitals Ltd.
Worked as Clinical Staff (CS) in the dept. of Square Oncology & Radiotherapy Center at Square Hospitals Ltd since January 2010 to April 2016.
- Position: Assistant Registrar, Organization: Khwaja Yunus Ali Medical College & Hospital
A. Worked as ‘Assistant Registrar’ from March 2009 to December 2009 and,
B. Worked as ‘Medical Officer’ from April 2008 to February 2009
- Position: Medical Officer, Organization: Green Life Hospital Worked as ‘Medical Officer’ in Green Life Hospital former New Al-Razi Hospital since September ’06 to December 07.
- Life Member of the Association of Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) Fellows and participated in a Virtual Fellowship with an expert from Amsterdam UMC - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands in 2021 entitled Stereotaxy in Oligo-metastatic Disease
- Certificate of Achievements of HMX Pro Immunology Immuno-oncology from Harvard Medical School (Online Learning External Education)
- Member of Bangladesh Medical & Dental Association (BMDC), having Registration No- A 43908
- Member of ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology)
- Member of ASTRO (American Society of Radiation Oncology
- Member of ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology)
- Member of ESTRO (European Society of Radiation Oncology)